NOTE: This instruction set is copyrighted and is not to be copied, forwarded, or re-posted without written permission from VolleyballUSA.com
To place orders or ask questions please call toll free
1-800-494-3933 Monday through Friday 8-6 PST!
In addition to the instructions below we often prepare site-specific instructions at no charge for our customers. We also have experienced contractors in most areas which can help you with constructing a volleyball court. Whether you are an Eagle Scout building a court with money you have raised from car washes or an athletic director building courts for a Division 1 University, we can help you within your budget. Please call 1-800-494-3933 for assistance.
(1) Suggested Playing Area: The playing area consists of the court and a safety space around it measuring 10 to 30 feet in each direction. (50' x 80' is a common size but many indoor volleyball players prefer 20' to 30' buffers to allow for longer jump serve approaches and deeper float serves.) (If you don't have this space, smaller courts can be built safely but we recommend using divider nets and safety padding. We manufacture custom netting panels and pads all the time. Please call 1-800-494-3933 for recommendations).
The space above the playing area should be free of obstructions for a minimum of 20'. (If obstructions exist, it is common practice to play balls off the ceiling and pipes on your side of the court but if the ball touches the ceiling or obstruction as the ball goes over the net towards the other team the ball is considered out of bounds).
(2) Court Dimensions: Dimensions of the court are 29'6" feet by 59' feet and are measured from the outer edge of the boundary lines. A center line dividing the lines is required directly under the volleyball net. Two attack lines whose rear edge is drawn 9'10" back from the axis of the center line marks the front zone.(It is quite common for volleyball players to round this measurement up to 30' x 60' but the true court dimension is 29'6" x 59'.
Volleyball pole sleeves are to be installed within a window of 34'-38' with the average inside pole to pole distance being 36'. When installing flip top floor plates you want them to open away from the volleyball court.
(3) Sleeve Installation: Sleeves are installed in different methods based on the type of floor currently installed or that will be installed. Please call 1-800-494-3933 for personal assistance/instruction on sleeve installation. We offer step by step instructions along with photos to customers who purchase equipment from us.
If you are a contractor or someone who is comfortable using a router (with wood floors) concrete core drill, roto-hammer and mixing non shrink grout we are happy to teach you how to correctly install floor sleeves.
We typically teach 1-2 people a week how to install floor sleeves and with our experience we can inform you of common mistakes people make so you don't have to re-install the sleeves years later.
(4) Wall / Column Padding: Often times when constructing courts within a space you may have walls, columns, pipes, etc... that remain close to the playing area.
We manufacture wall padding at different price points based off of your needs. The wall padding business can be a bit misleading with companies making them with super thin vinyl and foam making them less expensive, not very durable and not providing the cushion needed to protect players. Please feel free to ask us to compare prices and quality to other companies so you are getting good quality pads that can last a very long time.
We also manufacture lots of I beam, corner and other shapes to protect players from injuries. Please email us photos / drawings / dimensions to firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing or call 1-800-494-3933.
(3) Court Banners and Perimeter Netting: With our company manufacturing in the USA we can provide custom printed court banners and custom sized perimeter netting at competitive prices.
We can make banners displaying sponsors, past players, upcoming tournaments, background scenes, etc...
We can make custom sized netting panels that can suspended with moveable pulleys, caribiner clips or made to sit permanently in position with a 2" vinyl border on all 4 sides replicating a large volleyball net panel. They can be made with a variety of netting thicknesses in 3/4", 1", 1-3/4", 4" squares to influence price or to keep kids from climbing on it. Lead times and prices vary so please email us at email@example.com or call 1-800-494-3933.
|Wood Floor Installation||Concrete Floor Installation|
Here is a Sampling of Some VolleyballUSA.com's Indoor Volleyball Courts
1-800-494-3933 Monday through Friday 8-6 PST!To place orders or ask questions please call toll free
Our school has worked with VolleyballUSA.com for multiple projects over the past several years and each time I am more impressed with their products and customer service. After five years, each outdoor volleyball system we have purchased remain in perfect condition and we routinely receive compliments on the quality of our volleyball facilities. Their customer care is the best out of any company we work with and it has come to the point where we look for opportunities to do business through VolleyballUSA.com. There is nowhere else I would go to for volleyball equipment.A. Trigg
To everyone at VolleyballUSA.com - Thanks for all the help. We love our courts! The Bazooka Net System is great. I appreciate all the help we received through the ordering process. We couldn't have done it all without you.B.Moody
The equipment you supplied was first class. Best beach pole pads we've ever used and the nets looked amazing. The entire received rave reviews from athletes and families.T. Giarla
I wanted to thank you very much again, for your generous partnership with my Monterey Beach events. Our main event this weekend, the 5th Annual Monterey Beach Open was another successful event! It's partners like VolleyballUSA.com that makes it the best junior beach volleyball event in all of Central and Northern California!J. Companion
Over the past few months we have installed the slider attachment system onto 6 of our 9 courts. Adding the new pole padding along with the branded out nets have been a huge success. Our courts look better than ever.University of Florida